Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Amorphic with a guilt complex

*note, title has nothing to do with post

So I guess I'll start with the usual, the mountains. I know you're all quite thoroughly sick of hearing about them, but today they are the most gorgeous that I have ever seen them. It's kind of cloudy and cast over. From where I'm sitting, in front of a giant window, I can see Sapporo off to the right, and beyond that, the ocean. The clouds are moving parallel to the mountains towards the ocean, so there's a bit of a gap (as in a few miles) between the school and the mountains, of blue sky. The clouds are spilling rain over the further back, taller mountains, blurring them into a light grey blue, and turning the rain into a wall of crystal pierced by light. Every detail on the mountains closer to me is thrown into sharp relief because of the lighting, so I can see almost every tree on them. An eagle is just now flying over the plain.

Beautiful.

The bell rang.

No comments: