Thursday, August 18, 2005

Never Fever

I may not know which way is up sometimes, but at least I'm usually happy. Even if a bit delirious. Delirium never hurt anyone, right? Maybe we should have named me Laika. Oh, another reference. I'm beginning to think that half my conversations are just song references. Maybe my life is made up of song references.

****************************************************************************

I had two really nice days with him. The first was the gorgeous day downtown. Well, first we sat by the lake for a bit and just talked about random stuff. It was really nice and disarming. Then we left and headed downtown, listening to music in the car on the way. I played some random stuff for him, like the garden state soundtrack and a bit of stars and rufus wainwright. The day was gorgeous, not overwhelmingly hot. We parked on queen west and walked to fresh. The food was delicious, very good veggie fare and conversation. Then we walked to kaban... which I think is some sort of a gay Mecca... And we looked at sofas for his new condo. I only like couches that are comfortable to sleep on. I told him no leather couches. He pushed me into a pile of jeans... which turned out to be seven brand. Very expensive. So I piled them back up and we went on our way. We ended up stopping at that little park outside the courthouse near nathan phillips. We sat on the stairs and continued to talk. There was a lot of eye contact, and he didn't break it. A crazy man approached us, he ignored him while I talked to him. The man told me a story about how he had not given mike the money for the drugs I had bought from him, I forgave him, he thanked me profusely, and then remembered that actually mike had died a while back. He cut his own face off with a knife. And then the man left with a smile. He looked at me and laughed. I asked him what. He said he was impressed. Most people would have ignored him or walked away. I didn't really see what he was impressed about, but he smiled anyway. We sat there for four hours. I still don't understand where the time went. He drove me home and I played the feist cd. We went to a park. I got out of the car and said goodbye.

*********************************************************

I'm tired now. goodnight kids.

No comments: