Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Let us lay in the Sun and count every beautiful thing that we see
I hate to rave about the mountains so much, but seriously! If you have not yet seen real mountains in your lifetime, leave your house, find a car and drive to the Rockies! Now!

Now that that's out of the way, today is another beautiful day in Sapporo. One slightly strange thing that I've noticed is that the sky never seems to turn completely blue. Only in random patches.

I went for a walk in the woods the day before yesterday, and all the snow has been melting lately, which is sort of a problem, because it makes the snow in the woods very soft, so you immediately fall through 3 ft. of it as soon as you put your foot down. But underneath the snow, everything is still green. Isn't that weird? Plants in Japan don't die in winter, just get covered in feet of snow and continue to live.

I also got some really cool pictures that day that I hope to send at some point.

No comments: