Thursday, February 23, 2006

Castle on a Cloud

There is a castle on a cloud
I like to go there in my sleep
aren't any floors for me to sweep
not on my castle on a cloud

Ok, so Final Fantasy covered that song... well, I suppose attempted to cover is more like it. He switched all the lines around so that it didn't rhyme anymore and I laughed throughout the entire performance. It was falsetto. Very nice.





What is it that makes people so desperate to be unique? I see it in myself as well, that drive to be different, to be recognized, to be seen as separate from the crowd. But where does that come from? I suppose it's deep-seated in insecurity, maybe a lack of self-esteem. I think it's kind of a sickness. It would be a lot simpler if people just let themselves be who they are, completely without regard to how others might perceive them.

By the same token though, that could produce a lot of serial killers. So I guess there isn't really an easy solution. It's just depressing to see people mostly online going on and on about how atypical they are, and how people might think they're this or that, but really they aren't.

It's the same with falling in love, people are desperate to find the one who sees them for the real them. Because we all have different desires. When really I wonder if half these people are actually looking for love, or just looking for ratification of their innate 'differentness'.

No comments: