Sunday, September 03, 2006

Ice Water

Like I heard her Backwards saying
I can take one thousand Showers
And never be clean Of course she lied awake
She is ten times heavier, Stronger, then you'll ever be, Or ever was, His goddamn name
You know what I need,Who doesn't lie?
You know what I mean, If it never ends
Without you, Like you don't know
I am so, angry
I am so, at ease
I feel just like
Some great big disease
I think you need
Ice water
But the only thing that
You really hate
Is all its emptiness
Ah, you'll swim
And I will drink myself to Death
If I'm never in Doubt of you
Like you don't know


Walking home in the rain and the wind I thought only about the way it felt on my skin and the remeniscence of you in it. The way that even when I've forgotten, the rain always remembers your name, and all of theirs as well. There's an assurity in the ever-presence of the wind, and even in it's silence, it's cradling me in some small way. And the manner this moment passes, the way the shadows evaporate and the feelings die I feel aware in some removed place that this instant will echo forever in some hallow of time. Everything is familiar. I've died here, I was raised here, I will be born here and I am alive here.

No comments: