Thursday, March 04, 2004

Jibun no tokee / ????????v?@
Yesterday, I felt the pang of homesickness for the first time.?@All because of that CD that Clyde made for me. Extremely sadness-inducing, but excellent all the same. Oh well, it's only for five months. I can live. Even though now I'm not allowed to go for walks by myself. Why? Because it's DANGEROUS!!!! God only knows, some random salaryman walking down the street could look at me THREE times in stead of only TWO!

Whatever.

At the moment, it's snowing, that beautiful kind of snow that just sort of slowly glides to the ground. Japan is absolutely beautiful, almost beyond description. The other day I was walking out of school and down the path towards the busses and I turned, and saw the mountains from my school. There is an insanely beautiful view from my school. The clouds were fluffy and grey mixed with white, and there was one blocking the sun so that the light split into individual rays and shot out all around it. Over the mountains, across the vast spaces in between me and them, over the mountains it was just beginning to snow so that the lines were slightly blurred and everything was bathed in light. It was unreal. I felt like crying. The other kids rushed to the bus around me. Nobody saw. That is why Japan is insane. They . Did. Not. See.

That night I felt a little bit angry.

I hope you're all doing well. My e-mail has not been working from the school, and if it's not working tomorrow I'm just going to use it from here anyway and tell them that I'm sending pictures. The new exchange student is really nice, and at around the same level of japanese competence as I am, so it's been really good for me. Plus, we both like Gackt and art. Which is also good. It is necessary to have someone with whom to share obsessions.

The bakeries here are amazing. And cheap! It costs about $3 for two loafs of this amazingly yummy chocolate vanilla bread that is definitely of high quality. They make everything fresh and sell it low price. It's strange the things that cost a lot here and nothing there. And what's considered cool here and what's not.

Oh, and about how I thought everyone looked the same: they do. It was true. One would think that, in a school where your entire appearance EXCEPT for your hair is governed by the school, people would attempt to look unique... But alas, it is not true. All boys have the exact same hair. Boring.

Lol, and as a side-story, they all think that I'm a major bad-ass for having red in my hair. And my ears pierced? Girls aren't even allowed to do that here.

Hahahahahahahaha
Love

No comments: