Thursday, June 30, 2005

selph

Mmmm, newest addiction: the Perishers. There is something about minor chords that finds a resonance in me. Despite it's simplicity and lack of any real stand-out qualities, I enjoy this music. Even if the majority of the lyrics are crap. Ok, so all of the lyrics are crap. I don't care.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Two great Canadian bands, for free? That's just too good a deal to pass up. I'm hoping it will be an actual good Canada Day, they so rarely are. It's nice to be breaking away from the go-out-with-family-to-some-crappy-hillside-listen-to-bad-music-and-pretend-you're-somewhere-else-while-gazing-longingly-at-fireworks-wishing-that-you-yourself-were-one model of previous July 1st celebrations.

I'm getting wanderlust again. It probably has something to do with stagnance. I don't cope well when the wind stops and everything starts looking paled. I kind of want to take off to japan again. That may just be an excuse. Maybe I'm missing the language, maybe I'm missing the freedom. It's just an excuse.

I thought another random chick today was hot. I don't know what's going on... could it be I have biological drive after all?
Is it sad that I'd almost prefer that that weren't the case?
Perhaps. Once again I find the caring behind this question to be false.

The Smashing Pumpkins may be getting back together. I would appreciate this, I think. I'm not sure if I actually need anything more than adore, to be perfectly honest, the rest seems less.... perfect. Haven't heard too much of his solo stuff yet, amused by his 'biography'. Interestingly, it's not just the content that is painful to the reader, but the actual text itself is so high-contrast that I feel semi-blind after about fifteen minutes. I think he honestly believes he's some sort of legend.

On second thought, I might be able to sympathize. It might just be a symptom of his displeasure with reality. Sometimes it's easier to make the little things in life into big things, because then you don't actually have to deal with them. (cough shitty 'issues bands' cough)

Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: