Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Stumbeline

It's been a while since I've updated...I've gotten so lazy about this. I know it sounded like I was all bummed out on the last post, but actually it was more like an exorcism, so you can ignore it or I'll just delete it.

Also: shit, I just remembered that I had that information session dealie today. How did it come so fast? I hope I can reschedule that..... otherwise I might just be a bit screwed for university.

Oh dear.

Anyway, I went to the Pride Parade on the weekend. I was glad to hang out with steph and courtney for a bit, even though they almost didn't make the train. Fun was had, despite the ungodly heat and smog, and sunburn afterwards. It did kind of re-solidify my distaste for the gay community as represented in said 'parade', but it was fun. They should just call it the lots-of-fat-naked-gay-guys-holding-hands-with-the-occasional-kickass-dragqueen-parade, it would be more accurate. Also, I am once more horrified at the idea of 'bath houses', especially given the volume of visitors I'm sure was present this passed weekend. I guess sex is fun though. Whatev.

That weekend also unfortunately turned out to be the weekend of the bands Liam wanted to see but couldn't. I missed 5 in total that I really wanted to see. All in three days. Sucky, at best.

I'm tired from wandering around downtown so much today. I went seemingly everywhere. I'm not sure what I was looking for but I didn't find it.

Desire is a strange, strange creature. I'm still completely not used to it. Being attracted to random people on the street seems soooo foreign. But it did happen today. Sexual attraction, and that chemistry, is so interesting... it defies logic completely. I'm not used to having my mind over-ridden like that. I think typically I start off with appreciating someone and just generally enjoying their company a lot before I really become attracted to them. Maybe that's why it's so surprising to start off the other way. lol, or in my case, to finish that way.

Ok, that's all for now. I am currently enjoying : Broken Social Scene.

No comments: